Tuesday 11 November 2014

Taking a Road Trip with a Ford Mustang GT Convertible


  Owning a Ford Mustang vehicle has several benefits. One of my personal favorites is summer car journeys. Every year I map out a destination, pack my Mustang, striking the road: every year I return home from the trips with new photos, new friends, and lots of new memories to handle me through prior to the next year. No doubt, the Mustang creates a great companion on the street. In fact, in May of 2009 Kelly Blue Book listed the Ford Mustang Convertible as among the "Best Road Trip Cars" for sale at that date. The publication said, "The Ford Mustang convertible is really a good-time party vehicle." Good old times of the past, indeed. Memorable little Journeys and Not So Memorable ones... Looking back, one among my favorite Mustang trips was for the Mustang Club of America's 2008 Grand National. The two-day journey required from my home in Los Angeles, Calif. to your mountains of Park City, Utah. There were many stops as you go along such as my night in Las Vegas, Nev., a visit on the Shelby Corner Cafe, plus a drive through the majestic deserts of northwest Arizona.
A favorite area of the trip was finding other Mustang enthusiasts from the highway. Another memorable road trip involved to Palm Springs, Calif. where I crossed paths having a Hollywood chimp going for a 1966 Mustang out and play with it. Who would have guessed chimps are into Mustangs?
   My least memorable excursion was my 48-hour journey from Northern New Jersey to Southern California. The trip began with a Friday night and ended with my arrival in Los Angeles on Sunday eve. We are talking about an epic marathon outing! My driving companion and I drove non-stop all weekend long. Pit stops and low breaks kept us amongst people. Of course, years later, almost all of the trip is really a blur. I can't say it had been the most enjoyable excursion I've driven, however it ranks up there among the most interesting. My advice is to take the time on the highway. There's no real reason to rush an excursion. Of course, no excursion is complete if not using a side trip; greater random it will be the better. I remember a road trip to your SEMA Show in 2007. My usual route was closed and I was expected to take Nevada back roads to Las Vegas. I came across really old ghost towns, forgotten from Gods and humans, tumbling weeds within the lonely two-lane highway. The change of scenery was obviously a welcome surprise. One that hardened time for scenic trips of previously. Back when roads for example Route 66 were inside their prime. Although they may be hard to seek out, roads like this do still exist. With a little planning you'll be able to incorporate one in your next journey. A great source would be the Website America's Byways, that gives a listing of America's most scenic roads, detailed with road maps plus more.
  Preparing for your Trip: Road trips with your Mustang could be a great experience. You just want to you should definitely have everything if you want before you leave. For instance, never take a journey without checking the car to make sure it's in good working order. You will also want to definitely have all your important documents in the vehicle. Which documents? Oh, insurance and vehicle registration can be a must. Other items including maps, snacks, good music, as well as an emergency kit are very important as well.
  With a little planning, your next journey is sure to be considered a blast. Just remember, with car journeys it's not the destination which makes the big difference, but the journey of getting there. Happy trails and even more happy motoring!




 






No comments:

Post a Comment